Friday, May 15, 2009

Bringing Nursing back, yeah

Not that nursing has gone anywhere, but I'm kind of glad I've jumped on this bandwagon now when nursing seems to be the "in" career. I didn't go into nursing just to make a lot of money and I'm glad because I hear you need a lot more motivation than that to endure in this profession. With nursing in the spotlight though, I do think there will be many positive changes to the profession that nurses have desired for years.President Obama is already seeing to some of them.  With three new shows focused on nurses, I am glad that people will be able to really understand what my job will be and the exposure these shows give will hopefully bring to light some of the unknown hardships many nurses face behind the job, ie., difficult working environment, overworked nurses, job politics. So, I will definitely be glued to my television looking into my future, albeit a very dramatized view.

No comments:

Post a Comment