Monday, May 18, 2009

procrastination must be put on hold



I have a love hate relationship with procrastination. I love to put things off, but later hate the consequences of it.(like I hate seeing my stocking holders up in May when I should have taken them down after Christmas).I actually started on this blog three days ago. SO I have discovered that nursing school will not work with my previous habits of putting things off til the last minute. I actually didn't turn my application in to schools until a month before the deadline date. There is a lot of things you have to get together to complete your application, so this is actually considered last minute. So, I thanked God for allowing me to get everything in on time. Then, after everything was in I still had to wait a month and a half to find out whether I got accepted, which is not good for me because I get gung ho about something and then can completely switch to something else to obsess over. So by the time I got accepted for a minute I thought," Is this what I still want?"
Being honest, I've never really finished anything major on my own in my life! So, this is the first time that I can't get bored or frustrated and just move on.

Anyway, this post is supposed to be about all the things I have to get done before my first day of nursing school.
Here is the list:
1. MMR Immunity
2. Hepatitis Immunity
3. T.B. Skin Test
4. Varicella (chicken pox) Immunity
5. Health Form (stating that I am healthy enough for this)
6. Proof Of Health Insurance
7. CPR Certification
8. Background Screening
9.Buy Math for Meds textbook and study over summer

Seeing as I have done, one of these, it looks like I have a lot to do over summer break. But, I keep telling myself this is nothing compared to what is in store for me in the fall. 

I realize that those who don't care about nursing school or nursing may be snoring right now and that's fine, but thought I'd share this anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment