Sunday, September 20, 2009

I cannot believe it, but I have survived my first month of nursing school. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. So many people told me it's really hard and tiring and I had no idea what they meant by that. It's like trying to explain contractions to someone who has never had a baby. This is the thing: the material in nursing school is not all that difficult. It's a lot of common sense application to entire body processes, but what makes it so difficult is the amount of time you have to learn it. I'm talking about having one week to learn 6 chapters. And these chapters may have 80-100 pages each! Plus, you are learning skills in the lab which you have to check off or test every week. I have had an exam every week in September and I have two more exams before this month is over. So basically my life consists of reading, going to class, studying, and practicing skills.
By Thursday of every week I am so over school, but the funny thing is, by Sunday I can't wait to go back! What?! I guess it's like labor amnesia. You forget how draining and difficult it is.
So, as I posted on Twitter, it is so nice to be working towards something you know God has given you the ability to do. I feel His favor all over my nursing journey. I was blessed to have the hospital that I wanted, with the instructor that I just adore, and on a really cool floor! I am going to have plenty of stories to share about the sights that I see there. I have to get back to studying, on Sunday no doubt, ugh. But I just wanted to update.

3 comments:

  1. God is gonna help you deal with Med School... I know that..keep on keeping on

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy, am i glad you're a nerd...its coming in handy now!
    (so glad to hear that God is working it all out.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear that you are on a "really cool floor"... all the other nurses must be so jealous!

    for real though... happy you got the hospital you wanted!!!

    ReplyDelete